POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Reaching (1 image ~23kb) : Got it to work! (attached image ~23kb) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 18:25:10 EDT (-0400)
  Got it to work! (attached image ~23kb)
From: Dayv
Date: 11 Jan 2002 18:15:45
Message: <3c3f7221@news.povray.org>

> This happens if it is a mesh2 object with indexed textures. Further
texture
> declarations get ignored. You can use the older mesh format or edit the
textures
> referenced in the object's include file.

It's not a mesh 2.  Just a regular mesh.  I figured out what the problem
was.  The .inc file generated by PoseRay included uv_mapping that I thought
I had commented out. I didn't want to use the texure supplied by Poser
anyway.  The texturing was done in an "object" statement in the .pov file.
I renedered the scene in both 3.5 and megapov 0.7 and got the same results.
It wasn't until I tried rendering with 3.1 that I found I had missed a bunch
of uv_mapping tags.  When I removed those everything worked fine!  I guess
normals and uv_mapping don't get along well?  I've never used uv_mapping at
all so I have no idea.

> BTW, I like this image. :)

Thanks.  Now that I've got the normal to work, I'm going to fine tune it
'till I like the way it looks!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'reach2.jpg' (23 KB)