POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : non hollow flat disc : Re: non hollow flat disc Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:16:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: non hollow flat disc
From: Tom Melly
Date: 11 Jan 2002 10:04:45
Message: <3c3eff0d@news.povray.org>

news:maut3u8cmlndkji4fo5uu6nl1cj123863r@4ax.com...

> I just checked it on different machine with fresh instalation
> and it still appear there:
>
> // PLATFORM
>
> POV 3.5 b 9, WinNT 4 on P4 with 2 GB of RAM
>
> // WHOLE SCENE
>
> disc{100*z,z 50 pigment{color rgb 1}finish{ambient 1}}

I can confirm this error under W2K 3.5 b9 icl win32

Also, note that the following gives the same error (mainly making sure that
defaults are the defaults - but a hole in the disc makes no difference):

// perspective (default) camera
camera {
  location  0
  look_at   <0.0, 0.0,  10.0>
}
disc{<0,0,100>,z, 50, 45 pigment{color rgb 1}finish{ambient 1}}

Disc seems to be behaving like a plane (adding hollow to disc fixes the problem
with or without hole).

One other point - adding bounding and clipping to the disc makes no
difference...