POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Subsurface Scattering (3 'headshots') : Re: Subsurface Scattering (3 'headshots') Server Time
16 Aug 2024 18:15:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Subsurface Scattering (3 'headshots')
From: Thomas Willhalm
Date: 11 Jan 2002 08:50:30
Message: <3c3eeda6@news.povray.org>
Zeger Knaepen wrote:

> I know this has been done before, but not by me :)
> First a more or less normal head, made of skin (no bones inside it, so I
> don't think it would be healthy if you had a head like this...)
> Then a stone head...  Marble or something like that.
> And last but not least, a green wax head..

I really like the marble and the wax version. IMHO the skin does not
look very realistic. However, realistic skin is _very_ difficult, so it's
not surprising. Do you remember the skin in "Toy Story"? It was even
less realistic than yours.

Is this pure POV-Ray? Any chance that we can see the code?

Thomas