POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Linux Beta 9 now available : Re: Linux Beta 9 now available Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:11:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Linux Beta 9 now available
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 10 Jan 2002 15:23:50
Message: <3c3df856@news.povray.org>
In article <181### [at] mayaboanet> , Adrien Beau
<spa### [at] freefr>  wrote:

>>> Argh:)
>>> but if I look at pov138.htm in 3.1 doc, this was not specified
>>> that there must be NO space betwen optkey and optarg...
>>
>> The documentation does not tell you that "skyscraper", "tree" or
>> "computer" are invalid keywords either :-)
>
> But I see no reason they would be, while I see reasons spaces
> would be allowed between +l and its argument: the vast majority
> of Unix programs accept that.

POV-Ray is not a Unix only program.  The command line works the same
everywhere and only the i switch ignored a space before the actual filename,
all other switches always worked only as described in the manual.

Doing what Warp suggested is an option you have, and it is only one
character more to type, while of course without the space you have to type
one character less than before.  There is no problem here and I see no need
to argue about it.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg