POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Desk w. Hutch (RL WIP?) [~71K Jpg] : Desk w. Hutch (RL WIP?) [~71K Jpg] Server Time
16 Aug 2024 18:25:18 EDT (-0400)
  Desk w. Hutch (RL WIP?) [~71K Jpg]
From: bob h
Date: 9 Jan 2002 13:53:00
Message: <3c3c918c@news.povray.org>
Out of desparation I'm thinking of trying to build one of these.  I can't
find a cheap one that's big enough for all the stuff I need to store
someplace.  Already have 3 bookcases, a computer desk with hutch, and two
entertainment centers; one of which is only acting as extra shelving.  If I
can buy the wood and hardware for less than a pre-made one costs (which I'd
end up having to put together anyway) then I might actually give it a go.

So... here's the renders of it so far, very simplistic.  Dimensions are 72"
W x 52" H x 24" D (that's about 183 cm x 132 cm x 61 cm).  Ones I've found
are always less in width, like 50-something inches.  I figure if I can't get
one built for less than $150 I might as well buy a ready-made kind even if
it's particle board instead of solid wood.

Oh, and pay no attention to that computer notebook, it's only two
superellipsoids with image maps.

bob h

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: