POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "Love is a vow" : Re: "Love is a vow" Server Time
16 Aug 2024 18:14:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Love is a vow"
From: 25ct
Date: 8 Jan 2002 15:01:13
Message: <3c3b5009@news.povray.org>
"Tim Nikias" <Tim### [at] gmxde> wrote in message
> This is an update on the already posted "Love is a vow" image.
> I've changed floor (now using heightfield with crackle-function),
> lighting
> (a little more to the orange), texturing (Using material-maps for the
> ring's engravements) and objects (a few poses changed, all poses made
> with more eye on detail (no intersections)).
>
> What do ya think?

"Tim Nikias" <Tim### [at] gmxde> wrote in message
> This is an update on the already posted "Love is a vow" image.
> I've changed floor (now using heightfield with crackle-function),
> lighting
> (a little more to the orange), texturing (Using material-maps for the
> ring's engravements) and objects (a few poses changed, all poses made
> with more eye on detail (no intersections)).
>
> What do ya think?

    Hi Tim. I like the concept of this idea. However, being in the jewellery
trade, I think you should alter the rings a little, they look a little too
flimsy for the finger sizes at the moment. Generally, the most popular width
is around 5mm wide for the Ladies ring and either 6/7/8 mm wide for the
Gents ring, and quite often the man will have a lower carat of gold too, so
a less richer colour may be worth the effort for a contrast, (or make the
ladies a richer 22ct colour).
   Also, make the ladies ring a smaller finger size than the Gents for
realism.

    I hope this is of some help to you.

   ~Steve~