POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : my first image !! : Re: my first image !! Server Time
17 Aug 2024 00:17:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: my first image !!
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 8 Jan 2002 01:20:45
Message: <3c3a8fbd@news.povray.org>
"MR" <a### [at] bnet> wrote in message news:3c39af17@news.povray.org...
> hi everybody!
>
> long time listener, first time image-poster.  i've got a ton
> of time in this.  mostly just coming up to speed, and some
> time (like playing with moray) that wasn't ever incorporated
> into the picture.  thanks to gilles for the grass and trees,
> and i couldn't find a name in the alphabet block include.

Nice. The grass looks just like the mielie fields round here <grin>
The window frame is very nice

Suggestions and nitpicks

Tone down the sunlight, and use an arealight for the sun.

Slightly dirty glass in the window

are the blocks and frame on the floor or a desk? Looks like the floor
(no gap between the edge and the wall and level with the base of the
tree)

A texture on the desk. Looks like it's just pigment {White} at
the moment

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza                *   Chaos, disorder and panic      *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/   *   My job here is done.           *
* Just think of me as the storm before the calm     Magic: The Gathering*