POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : my first image !! : Re: my first image !! Server Time
17 Aug 2024 00:18:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: my first image !!
From: GrimDude
Date: 7 Jan 2002 15:49:10
Message: <3c3a09c6@news.povray.org>
I understand about first images.
You might consider a few things, though you suggested not commenting in some excellent
directions.

1) Adding glass would add to the realism.
2) Decrease the grass elements by bunching them up tighter close to the house, and
then add a turbulated texture beyond that in the
same color. This would help preserve the impression that grass covered the view,
without increasing the render time dramatically.
3) Add a surface normal to the walls and counter/desk surface.
4) Use an area light.
5) Render with radiosity and use the 'normal on' statement.

For a first post you have created quite a scene and it came off very well!

Grim