POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : my first image !! : Re: my first image !! Server Time
17 Aug 2024 00:12:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: my first image !!
From: MR
Date: 7 Jan 2002 14:44:59
Message: <3c39fabb$1@news.povray.org>
hi chris,

thanks for your comments.

i went thru every wood texture in the standard wood include file
and chose that one.  i thought i'd tell you which one it is but my
files are calling it "auto_name_no_1".  i don't know why it ended
up with a name like that.

the fact that the standard wood textures are axis-sensitive is
something i learned by lurking in the newbie group.

i played with developing textures in moray's excellent texture
editor.  in one of my first newbie posts about a search for a
texture, someone made the remark, "don't use ready-made
textures.  its always best to make them yourself."  so i worked
at it long enough to believe that textures are very, very difficult
to do well.

thanks again, miker