POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More kitchen stuff (32kbu) : Re: More kitchen stuff (32kbu) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 18:16:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More kitchen stuff (32kbu)
From: bob h
Date: 7 Jan 2002 10:57:34
Message: <3c39c56e$1@news.povray.org>
Hmm, yours is in reality granite and yet you chose to use a marble pattern
instead?  Or does the granite look more like this did?  I like the look of
it no matter.

I've used a mortar and pestle (measuring spoons too) only in chemistry or
firework-making before, not for food-making.  Although, I guess I have seen
them in kitchens before.  Actually if you added a crucible, flask and butane
burner this could also be a chemists table  :-)

Comment on metal texture:  seems the measuring spoons don't have reflection,
or at least the right kind of reflection.  It could even be that were the
pigment raised and diffuse lowered that those might be more metallic (sure
hope they aren't plastic or I'm talking for nothing here).  Does seem to
have 'brilliance' used anyhow.

Speaking of reflection, that mortar and pestle look so highly polished I'd
expect to see the spoons showing a little bit in its texture.

bob h