POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : my first image !! : Re: my first image !! Server Time
16 Aug 2024 18:18:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: my first image !!
From: MR
Date: 7 Jan 2002 10:18:06
Message: <3c39bc2e@news.povray.org>
hi bob,

thanks for the comments.  one of the things i became aware of while
doing this scene is how important every little thing is, such as lighting,
camera postion, and textures.  especially lighting.  i see a lot of
discussion about lighting in the good images.  seems like radiosity
and the inevitable long render times come into play often.

i wanted the rays of sun to be visible, and i played with media for a
very long time.  it finally came down to building a ray-shaped mesh and
containing the media inside the mesh, but in the end it didn't look good
and the renders were taking so long that every incremental adjustment
i made took a lot of time so i bailed on it.

i took a ready-made patch of grass that gilles had done and tiled the
yard in.  i needed thicker grass so i overlapped them quite a bit, and
i attempted to put a random offset and rotation on the tiling job.  i ended
up with a really nice looking macro that didn't seem to do a darn thing
as far as getting rid of the rows.  and yes, the rows are my fault, not
gilles.

and no, no, no!  you're spozed to ask me if I wanna meet YOUR sister!

thanks again, miker