POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More kitchen stuff (32kbu) : Re: More kitchen stuff (32kbu) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 18:14:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More kitchen stuff (32kbu)
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 7 Jan 2002 01:20:16
Message: <3c393e20@news.povray.org>
"Batronyx" <bat### [at] alliancecablenet> wrote in message
> Is that a mortar & pestle on the left? I ask because on one hand, that's
exactly
> what it looks like (although most I've seen are just plain white) and on
the
> other, we don't tend to have those as kitchen staples here in the USA.

Yes. The one I've got is made of a dark green granite and is VERY heavy. I
dropped
it once onto a tiled floor. The tile it fell onto cracked

> I happen to have a . . um . . "stick" part (mortar or pestle?) and find it
> useful for grinding herbs a little finer, and occasionally making some of
my
> pets' medicines more palatable. Just haven't noticed anyone else with one.

The bowl is the mortar, the stick is the pestle.

I use it for grinding spices, making curry pastes, crushing garlic etc. It's
one of the most
useful items in my kitchen

> Nice piece of work.

thanks

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza                *   Chaos, disorder and panic      *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/   *   My job here is done.           *
* Just think of me as the storm before the calm     Magic: The Gathering*