POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Computer Keyboard : Re: Computer Keyboard Server Time
17 Aug 2024 00:20:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Computer Keyboard
From: Hugo
Date: 6 Jan 2002 19:02:52
Message: <3c38e5ac$1@news.povray.org>
Steve wrote:
> Nice floor texture:-)

Thanks, it's a heightfield generated by two granite patterns. It turned out
to look like wallpaper found in some houses, except the color.

JRG wrote:
> Did you use some kind of spline sweeping?
For the keys, only sinus curves are involved. The macros make a triangle box
with rounded edges, and then skews some vertices outwards on the sides, and
downwards in the middle (upwards for the space bar).. But, actually it's not
a whole triangle box, because that would be a waste of triangles. It's 1/4
of a box (but without bottom) and the mesh is then mirrored by scale
<-1,1,1> and scale <1,1,-1> to look like a whole key.. This way it uses 1/4
memory.. But enough now.

Batronyx wrote:
>  I'm looking forward to seeing your mesh creation macros.

Me too!  I might ask some more questions here related to math, although it
might step on peoples nerves sometimes.

Marc wrote:
> ..what is the key between the left shift and the 'z'?

It is this key:

< \

Hugo  :o)