POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : oops I dropped it (2 images, 12kb each) : Re: New version (1 image 12 kb) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 18:23:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New version (1 image 12 kb)
From: Dayv
Date: 6 Jan 2002 12:33:06
Message: <3c388a52$1@news.povray.org>
> The glass texture looks good, but a bit too 'glowing'. Either this is due
to the high
> overall brightness of the image or to too high diffuse and ambient values.
I would
> keep diffuse as low as possible (try 0.05) and set ambient to 0.

I'll try that, thanks.  The light source is rather bright. . . rgb 1.5  The
scene was originally much darker.  It seemed to start glowing after I turned
on the photons.  I'll tinker with it a bit.

>The real crack looks much better now.
:)  thank you.

> BTW, why don't you simply use POV 3.5? Are you a Linux user? ;)
No, have Windows...  my 3.5 beta version just ran out a few days ago.  Guess
I have to download again.

-Dayv