POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : crash with some boxes /infinite boxes : crash with some boxes /infinite boxes Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:25:01 EDT (-0400)
  crash with some boxes /infinite boxes
From: KalleK
Date: 5 Jan 2002 15:09:06
Message: <3c375d62$1@news.povray.org>
Hi!

I'm a bit puzzled by this one:
If you render the scene below, win98 gives me the typical crash-dialog (this
application will be closed ...). In fact, povray is still running (creating
boundingslabs) and reacts (you can use the editor...
Furthermore it sais:
"Scene contains 299 frame level objects; 44 infinite"
"Reallocing Finite to 765"
I don't have infinite objects, just boxes. And I don't know what the second
sentence means.

If you uncomment the second #declaration of Alpha, povray runs, but the
shadows are missing/wrong, and I got strange messages as well:
"Scene contains 299 frame level objects; 43 infinite."
"Reallocing Finite to 768"

Uncommenting the third #declaration you get what I expected.
Still 44 infinite., but no "Reallocing"

If you change Depth you get different results. I got the Alphas with trial
and error.

This only happens with the intel-compile! the msvc one is working
fine.(still, there are the infinite objects but the results are as expacted)

AMD 1.4GHz, Ram:512MB DDR, OS: Win98

--
///begin
#declare Depth = 300;

#local Fak = cos(radians(Alpha))+sin(radians(Alpha));
object {
 #local G = 1;
 #local D = 2;

 #local Translater = 0;