POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : tire-bouchon : Re: tire-bouchon Server Time
16 Aug 2024 18:16:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: tire-bouchon
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 5 Jan 2002 12:25:45
Message: <3c373718@news.povray.org>
JRG wrote:

> This is a simple corkscrew modelled for the elsewhere mentioned kitchen
> scene. The modelling was a bit more tricky this time, mostly because I
> wanted smooth transitions between the surfaces (i.e. I didn't want to get
> sharp edges). So, a good 5/4 of the model consists of blobs.

  Terrific! Apart from the superb modelling (I think not many professionals
will come up with such quality), the metal texture is amazing, and the
lighting is simply like RL.  As I said, I'm really waiting to see the whole
kitchen completed...

  About the name of the thing, I find really interesting the resemblance:
now I understand where the spanish word "tirabuzon" comes from... really
curious!

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia