POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : tire-bouchon : Re: tire-bouchon Server Time
16 Aug 2024 18:16:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: tire-bouchon
From: Jan Walzer
Date: 5 Jan 2002 11:31:02
Message: <3c372a46@news.povray.org>
wow ...

"JRG" <jrg### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

..hmmm ... do I need to understand this ? ...

> This is a simple corkscrew modelled for the elsewhere mentioned kitchen
scene. The
> modelling was a bit more tricky this time, mostly because I wanted smooth
transitions
> between the surfaces (i.e. I didn't want to get sharp edges). So, a good
5/4 of the
> model consists of blobs.

sigh ... you mean this is all CSG ?....
I'd bet on this beeing a Mesh, constructed with Rhino or the like ...

Excellent work ... Nice FB, btw ...
looking forward to see a complete kitchen ...

> Cheers.
Cheers ...

--
"Somehow what you suggest is like suggesting to add drills \ jan### [at] lzernet
to cars so you can drill for oil when you run out of fuel.  \