POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : hair : Re: hair Server Time
17 Aug 2024 00:09:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: hair
From: Zeger Knaepen
Date: 5 Jan 2002 09:39:46
Message: <3c371032$1@news.povray.org>
> It looks great.
tnx :)

> It really took 64 patches?
yes, but with some tweaking, I think I could do it with less patches... (or
less cloth-simulations, if I use them... or just meshes, or whatever)
Right now I'm rendering a simple model of an old man with white hair, but
it's taking way to long to be useful... 14h 11m 23s and only 23% of the
image is done :(

> I will have to try this
> technique out for myself and wish that I had thought of it.
Actually I'm surprised that this technique is new to you all...  I thought
many images done with professional rendertools used a similar technique.

cu!
--
ZK AKA SaD
http://www.povplace.be.tf