POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.international : [en] Team Work : Re: [int] Team Work Server Time
28 Sep 2024 03:25:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [int] Team Work
From: Txemi Jendrix
Date: 4 Jan 2002 22:11:02
Message: <3c366ec6@news.povray.org>

news:3c36203d@news.povray.org...
> > I think I can take that job, using Poser3.
>
> Be my guest! I really should get Poser one of these days...

OK, I'll need the image at a higher resolution (so you also like Michael
Whelan... great artist, isn't he?).

> The heightfield for this image would be gigantic, unless we could find a
way
> of tiling a many large heightfields without it showing.

I don't know (I think Jaime is the master with heightfields, I remember a
Canyon...).
H.E.Day's code was:
height_field {
pattern 400, 400 {
hf_gray_16
bozo
color_map {
[ 0.0 color rgb 0.5 ]
[ 0.2 color rgb 0.0375 ]
[ 1.0 color rgb 0.0 ]
}
warp {turbulence 1 lambda .25}
scale 0.05
}
smooth
scale <100,75,100>
translate <-50, 0, -50>
texture{
pigment{granite color_map {[0 rgb 1][1 rgb .5]}
scale 2
scale 5*y
}
finish {ambient 0 diffuse 1 crand .05}
}
}
It renders fast, and maybe could be a start
I'm going to start posing the child.
Bye
--
Txemi Jendrix