POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.international : [en] Team Work : Re: [int] Team Work Server Time
1 Jun 2024 14:03:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [int] Team Work
From: Tony[B]
Date: 4 Jan 2002 16:33:13
Message: <3c361f99@news.povray.org>
>   Well, depending of the view and size, we can use a Blobman model.

Or a Poser model. That would be the idea solution.

>   Anyhow, in this case, are not more apropiated (and fast) height_fields
> with the same functions?

Um... I tried that. For some reason I was horribly unsucessful. If you can
retool it to work like that, be my guest.

>  I was just about to say it! :)

:)

>   Ok, I will make a page for the "povray.inernational team work".  But,
> just for curiosity:
>
>   1) Who is the author of this image?

Michael Whelan.

>   2) Can it be published on the web freely?

AFAIK, it's not available on his website at this resolution any more, but it
used to be... I don't see why we should have any problems though. We're not
in any way trying to make money off of it, and we would of course credit
him.

>   It can be posted also on p.i.b. the succesive WIP's of the project,
> mantaining the last one on the team page. Anyone making improvements or
> additions can show it trough p.b.i, and we can discuss here the inclusion
> on the "official" scene.

An interesting idea. But I would prefer to keep all WIPs in p.i.b and the
milestones on your site. Is that OK?