POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.international : [en] Team Work : Re: [int] Team Work Server Time
1 Jun 2024 11:33:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [int] Team Work
From: Txemi Jendrix
Date: 4 Jan 2002 15:35:50
Message: <3c361226@news.povray.org>

news:3c36088d@news.povray.org...
> Tony[B] wrote:
>
> > You forgot the child.

I think I can take that job, using Poser3. Campanilla was a 1st try (for the
"Fantasy and Mystic" IRTC's round) and I would like to give it another
chance. If you think it's OK I'll put my hands on it.

> > I tried it. It does not play nice with the isosurface. It would make for
> > very slow render.
>
>   Anyhow, in this case, are not more apropiated (and fast) height_fields
> with the same functions?

I was thinking of a H.E.Day's work with heighfield pattern (done in Megapov)
with a sandy ground and black monolites that appeared evenly.

> > OK. Since I came up with the idea, I guess I'm the manager. Hehe.
>
>  I was just about to say it! :)

Hurray for the manager!!! ;-)

> > the full-resolution image. Jaime, I'm going to e-mail it to you so you
can
> > put it up on ignorancia.org, OK?
>
>   Ok, I will make a page for the "povray.inernational team work".  But,
> just for curiosity:
>
>   1) Who is the author of this image?
>   2) Can it be published on the web freely?

Ouch...

> > Secondly, I'm going to post the source
> > for what I've done so far in the international binaries group. I've just
> > about got the camera set up right, and the walls are acceptable too.
Both
> > still need work.

Fine, feed us Tony.

>   It can be posted also on p.i.b. the succesive WIP's of the project,
> mantaining the last one on the team page. Anyone making improvements or
> additions can show it trough p.b.i, and we can discuss here the inclusion
> on the "official" scene.

"Ground Control to Mayor Ton[y]
 Commencing countdown, engines on
 Check ignition and may God's love be with you.
  10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, Liftoff " (David Bowie with a little tweak)

--
Txemi Jendrix
tji### [at] euskalnetnet