POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Crashnig Moray by adding a simple cube : Re: Crashnig Moray by adding a simple cube Server Time
5 Jul 2024 08:31:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crashnig Moray by adding a simple cube
From: Mitchell Waite
Date: 3 Jan 2002 14:26:25
Message: <3c34b061@news.povray.org>
Lutz:

I have 20871 Vertexes and 83360 edges so we are close to agreement there.
I was seeing red in those status areas but increased my memory via the
Advanced Panel and the red went away.
My advanced panel is attached (its small so I hope its okay to send).

I notice the Program Error message occurs just as the ray tracing gets to
the beginning of the cube with the material called LED2.

thanks

Mitch

PS The Program Error says a log file is created but it does not say what the
name of that file is or where to find it. Perhaps if I looked at that it
would give a hint.

---

"Lutz Kretzschmar" <lut### [at] stmuccom> wrote in message
> Hi Mitchell Waite, you recently wrote in moray.win:
>
> > How can I find out why Moray is crashing? (BTW my vertexes and edges
show
> > 69% aned 27%).
> Thanks for the scene.
>
> Do your Vertex and Edge displays turn red? If so, then you have too
> little memory reserved for them.
> I needed to turn my edges up, since it was red. I have 210000 Vertices
> and 84000 edges being displayed. Is this what you have?
> My memory settings (View|Configuration|Advanced) are set to 290000 for
> Vertices and 160000 for edges.
>
> Either way, I can't crash it by adding new objects.... Maybe you can
> send me a screenshot of the Advanced panel as mentioned above, it
> could be that it's a very unfortunate combination of stuff...
>
> Regards,
>
> - Lutz
>   email : lut### [at] stmuccom
>   Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray