POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Known Bugs - 31 Dec 2001 : Re: Known Bugs - 31 Dec 2001 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:23:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Known Bugs - 31 Dec 2001
From: Gergely Vandor
Date: 3 Jan 2002 07:46:55
Message: <3c3452bf@news.povray.org>
news:3c339d81$1@news.povray.org...
> In article <3c339434@news.povray.org> , "Gergely Vandor"
> <ger### [at] vandordatanethu> wrote:
>
> > I bet you are already fed up with plain users arguing with the real
> > programmer, but this may be interesting :o)
>
> Well, computer programs are no magic.  What you describe is an effect
caused
> by what I explained.  There is no check if there are more than two objects
> to then let some specific ones disappear in POV-Ray, I am sure! :-)

I understand this is like beating a dead horse, so I only have a last
question.

In the scene I quoted, it is clear to see that including certain objects
(objects far away from the camera, etc) make other objects vanish from the
resulting image. This happens with all the camera options unchanged. Does
this mean that in this case povray somehow takes the objects of the scene
into account when interpreting camera options?

So far you have only stated that certain combinations of camera options can
have unexpected results. In this case we are talking about combinations of
camera options and object placement.

---
Gergely