POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 3d-Mosaic : Re: 3d-Mosaic Server Time
17 Aug 2024 02:29:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3d-Mosaic
From: Thies Heidecke
Date: 2 Jan 2002 16:57:55
Message: <3c338263@news.povray.org>
Hi David,

> Cool, reminds me of those things with a bunch of pins where you can
> stick something behind it and make a relief.
Yeah, I had this idea, too : )
> It might be interesting to
> rotate the cube lattice relative to the object you're sampling; as is
> they're oriented the same way.
I've made a pic where the orientation of the mosaic is rotated while
the object is unchanged. I used a rotated version of the object for the
Mosaic and rotated it back after mosaic. Perhaps I'll do an animation
in the near future, but the parsetime is quite long, even with this few
cubes. (Parsetime was about 4 minutes).

Greetings
    Thies Heidecke

Here's the pic: