POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : AL walking, stopping and turning - Final : Re: AL walking, stopping and turning - Final Server Time
2 May 2024 00:44:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AL walking, stopping and turning - Final
From: Rune
Date: 2 Jan 2002 14:03:49
Message: <3c335995@news.povray.org>
"Marc-Hendrik Bremer" wrote:
> I wouldn't call it jerky, but the first step after
> the stop is indeed only half a footlength wide (long?).
> I think that's not that realistic, 'cause it's a waste
> of kinetic energy.

I think in reality the first step is indeed often a bit shorter because it
takes the body a little while to get in momentum. However, probably not as
much as this animation. I'll try to figure out why my algorithm places that
step so close to the previous one.

> Nevertheless it's a great piece of work!

Thank you!

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Jan 2)