POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Known Bugs - 31 Dec 2001 : Re: Known Bugs - 31 Dec 2001 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:26:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Known Bugs - 31 Dec 2001
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 31 Dec 2001 16:48:24
Message: <3c30dd28$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3c30caf5@news.povray.org> , "Rune" <run### [at] mobilixnetdk>
wrote:

> There are some other such examples, and in general it's rather difficult to
> fully understand how all the parameters in the camera interact (I don't
> *fully* understand it myself). The documentation helps a lot though, if you
> read it thoroughly.

Another note regarding this:

It would be good to have a short list of all keywords that are supported by
a specific camera type and if they had to appear before or after the camera
type was specified.  If you could post a draft of such a short summary here
(not the docs, they are too long and contain too much information not
relevant to the keyword order and usage itself) and other would the complete
it so there is a complete list of what behaviors users expect and which they
don't expect (both exist in cameras up to 3.5 beta 9), I would be very happy
to engineer the camera parsing code to exactly match user expectations,
without the nasty side effect that currently exist.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde