POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Known Bugs - 31 Dec 2001 : Re: Known Bugs - 31 Dec 2001 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:18:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Known Bugs - 31 Dec 2001
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 31 Dec 2001 06:24:39
Message: <3c304af7@news.povray.org>
Here is the update with job numbers and other notes:

> User_Abort_Command
> (User_Abort_Command does not seem to work at all)
> http://news.povray.org/Xns913D9F7268736seed7@povray.org

Behavior of GUI platforms will change in next beta.

> Save during render
> (is very slow)
> http://news.povray.org/Pine.LNX.4.33.0111271256060.2190-100000@burpc3.en
> gin.umich.edu

Not a bug.  User configuration error (slow system and network).

Later in the thread a feature request for background saving.  Note that
background saving is not possible to implement as it would have to guard
against saving of files that are being rendered as well as delay rendering
when files needed for the render are still being written to disk.  However,
it is not possible to determine all files which will be used by a scene
prior to running it (i.e. files generated by the script and opened by the
user or files whose name is determined via string functions).  Thus
background saving would have to disable the "Start Rendering" functions and
making it not transparent to the user but only _very_ confusing why
rendering isn't possible.

> double_illuminate only works with direct lighting
> http://news.povray.org/3BF6F1FE.D21B0C6@oreka.com

Has not been confirmed!!!

> Isosurfaces *much* slower in beta 7?
> (isosurfaces with "evaluate" are now very slow)
> http://news.povray.org/3bdf24b3$1@news.povray.org

Already fixed in beta 9.

> Crash with no objects in scene
> http://news.povray.org/3bd985b0@news.povray.org
> (also reported as http://news.povray.org/3C19B9EA.D2E16FBC@gmx.de

Duplicate of function problem in beta 8.  Already fixed in beta 9.

> bug in sphere_sweep for removing parts of an object
> (discontinuous normals on inverse of sphere_sweep)
> http://news.povray.org/3C1A5D47.EA38F6E5@amc.uva.nl

Logged as job000200.

> Array assignment crash
> http://news.povray.org/3bcc54ab$1@news.povray.org

Logged as job000203.

> problem with transparent image_maps
> http://news.povray.org/3c24d1b3@news.povray.org (cancelled)
> http://news.povray.org/eGSwuBAritK8EwLH@econym.demon.co.uk

I admit it is a naive question, but didn't the behavior of filter and
transmit change in 3.5 and might this be the cause? (I didn't render the
scene to see what it looks like.)

> Function (optimization?) bug
> ('funciton{-y/1/2}' should be same as 'function{-y/1/(2)}')
> http://news.povray.org/3c27fd29$1@news.povray.org

Fixed in next beta.

> Photon Problems
> (Rendering the file makes the image strangely bright)
> http://news.povray.org/3bc4d0a9$1@news.povray.org

Logged as job000204.

> crash during debugging of parsing
> http://news.povray.org/332m2uspk9nfqfq6g7oc8qtmkcu5higjs7@4ax.com

> crash with loop
> http://news.povray.org/3c2cb9b7@news.povray.org

Both logged as job000205.

> Re: Known Bugs 24 Dec 2001
> (garbage text in Mac message window)
> http://news.povray.org/3C2A7123.E923B0B4@spiritone.com

Fixed in next beta.

> another crash with max_intersections
> http://news.povray.org/j8fo2u8mbo97gi3as0udmab7t9ttap2iom@4ax.com

Will be fixed in next beta.  Note that setting max_intersections to 0 isn't
allowed.

> #macro crash
> http://news.povray.org/3c2c78cf$1@news.povray.org

Logged as job000206.