POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Icy Moon Scene (JPG 800 x 600, 96 KB), question about variables in INI files : Re: Icy Moon Scene (JPG 800 x 600, 96 KB), question about variables in INI files Server Time
16 Aug 2024 20:30:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Icy Moon Scene (JPG 800 x 600, 96 KB), question about variables in INI files
From: bob h
Date: 29 Dec 2001 20:43:24
Message: <3c2e713c@news.povray.org>
"Yadgar" <j.b### [at] ndhnet> wrote in message

---snip---
> Then, there's still a very different question. I started to program an
> animation with zooms in on a heightfield starting with a ridiculously
> low resolution (of the heightfield, not the rendered frame!), something
> about 2 x 1 pixel (!!!), exponentially increasing (10 times each 30
> frames).
> Last year, I already did such a movie, but back then, I rendered each
> heightfield manually, which would be quite exhausting. as there would be
> at least 100 frames to render.
>
> So I looked up the INI file section and wrote a small INI, where I
> linked the Height and Width keywords with the clock variable, such as
>
> Width=int(2*pow(1.0797752, clock));
> Height=int(Width*0.75);
>
> PoV-Ray displayed no error messages when starting ... but all
> heightfield image files were "rendered" at 0 by 0 pixels instead
---snip---

I could be wrong but I don't think math is allowed for from within INI
files; at least checking this out in v3.5 beta 9, it cannot be done
apparently since I did get an error.
Either a positive integer for actual pixel resolution or a decimal from 0 to
1 for percentage of whole is all I know about.
--
text{ttf"timrom""bob h"0,0pigment{rgb 7}translate 7*z}