POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : the lowest pixel getting dimmed : Re: the lowest pixel getting dimmed Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:32:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: the lowest pixel getting dimmed
From: Rune
Date: 28 Dec 2001 17:27:57
Message: <3c2cf1ed@news.povray.org>
"Anders K." wrote:
> What if I don't want to add one pixel to the width
> and height of the image?

Yes, it's not always a useful solution.

Besides, it actually skews the aspect ratio slightly! ;)

> Moving the camera works, but then I need to change the
> amount I move it by every time I change the size of the
> images, and I'm making two sizes of tiles (32x32 and 48x48).

I've had the exact same problem every time I create logos, icons, cursors,
web graphics etc. It's rather annoying.

And I don't always use orthographic camera for that by the way.

> That doesn't change the fact that the current behavior
> is simply incorrect, and it is very easy to fix. I know
> you're probably worried about backwards compatibility,
> but as you pointed out, it only makes a big difference
> on a few scenes, and even on those scenes it would be
> much better to have the camera in the right place anyway.

I agree.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Nov 5)