POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : the lowest pixel getting dimmed : Re: the lowest pixel getting dimmed Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:23:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: the lowest pixel getting dimmed
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 28 Dec 2001 12:29:31
Message: <3c2cabfb@news.povray.org>
In article <3c2bdf75$1@news.povray.org> , "Anders K."
<and### [at] prostard2gcom> wrote:

> I disagree. By definition, the camera is supposed to be centered on the
> look_at point, but it isn't. For most scenes, the half pixel doesn't matter
> very much, but for things which require to-the-pixel accuracy, the current

If you want it centered, one very simple solution is to add one pixel to the
width and height of the image.

> behavior is *very* annoying. And a lot more scenes require this accuracy
> than one would think at first glance. For an example, look no further than
> Insert > Scene Templates > Orthographic Scene.

I think orthographic camera scenes are the only place where this may matter
in a very few scenes.  Of course, the above solution will still work fine.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde