POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Function (optimization?) bug : Re: Function (optimization?) bug Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:28:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Function (optimization?) bug
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 28 Dec 2001 12:24:54
Message: <3c2caae6@news.povray.org>

Skiba <abx### [at] babilonorg>  wrote:

>>  I don't believe it will be an official feature.
>
> If here is little place for feature request then this is my vote. Also I think
> it could be useful for future bug reports (after final 3.5) but I'm affraid it
> is not secure feature if it has read as option.

It won't be included in any final release (there is a compile-time switch to
turn it off).  The reason is that one can "write" programs that reliably
crash and won't run in future version either because the function VM *will*
change.  The output is a more human-readable output of the function VM
instructions to help debugging the function compiler and optimizer.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde