POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : more rad at the office (60Kb) : Re: more rad at the office (60Kb) Server Time
17 Aug 2024 02:23:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: more rad at the office (60Kb)
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 22 Dec 2001 12:10:22
Message: <3c24be7e@news.povray.org>
bob h wrote:

> First glance of this looks like a photograph, always did really.

  Thanks, I think this is my first real photorealistic attempt.

> The pens in the cup might be better if more random and leaning against the
> side in a more obvious way, even if you didn't ask for comments on those
> kinds of things.

  Yes, the pens are really poorly placed at the moment. :(

> The small normals seem to cause a little too much noise IMHO, as can be
> seen
> on the foreground desk drawers.  Maybe averaging those with another to
> blend
> them out some could be an improvement?  You say you are not finished with
> the texturing though.

  You're right, but I can't decide if it is more slow to use realistic
normals with focal blur, or averaged textures with heavy aa. When almost
all the textures are blurred, it is hard to tell... I will continue testing.

> Far as radiosity and lighting goes I can only say that it looks very good.

  Thanks, that was the primary purpouse of the scene: to test a light
macro. It seems that it works convincently. Now it's time to clean the
macro, and create a nice and simple test code to show it...

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia
http://www.ignorancia.org