POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Is POV-Ray for Pocket-PC possible? : Re: Is POV-Ray for Pocket-PC possible? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:15:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is POV-Ray for Pocket-PC possible?
From: Captain Tylor
Date: 21 Dec 2001 09:08:51
Message: <3c234273$1@news.povray.org>
I've looked around for a cheap laptop, but couldn't find any with the
specifications to run ZBrush.  But I have the Pocket PC anyway.  But anyway,
I'd give it more like a year and half.  The next-next gen models will
probably have 128 megs of ram and by 2003 they're supposed to start coming
out with 3d acceleration chips (I know Pov-Ray doesn't use 3d aceleration,
it's a different kind of animal that wouldn't benefit from it).

Besides, there's the challenge involved. :)