POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Merry christmas (50kbu) : Re: Merry christmas (50kbu) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 20:27:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Merry christmas (50kbu)
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 19 Dec 2001 14:37:14
Message: <3c20ec6a@news.povray.org>
bob h wrote in message <3c20e175@news.povray.org>...
>A few days to go yet but Merry Christmas to you, Gail.
>
>I've got to comment on the picture too, even if not asked.  Poser wings I
>guess but you didn't say.

Yes and the dress and hair too

>Looking it over my first thought is about
>lighting.  I think a spotlight or extreme fade light would go perfectly
>shining down past the angel and illuminating the nearby snow instead of
>being uniformly lit.  Then I think the shadow could maybe be left out as
>well, kind of there yet not there sort of thing.
>Maybe that star is fading out before it reaches that far and the other is
>moonlight?

Most of the light is moonlight, a little overdone I guess

I'll tweak the lights and lights and see what happens

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza                *   Chaos, disorder and panic      *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/   *   My job here is done.           *
* Just think of me as the storm before the calm     Magic: The Gathering*