POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Rather Elementary UJoint 508KB : Re: Rather Elementary UJoint 508KB Server Time
19 Jul 2024 23:33:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rather Elementary UJoint 508KB
From: John D  Gwinner
Date: 19 Dec 2001 12:57:22
Message: <3c20d502$1@news.povray.org>
I used to have a CJ-7, pretty old and beat up.

The reason your jeep wobbles is because it doesn't have a differential in
the front.  The inside wheel should be moving less than the outside, but it
doesn't, so they fight.  When one tire slips a bit the jeep 'wobbles'.  It's
not the CV joint per se, it's the lack of the differential.  A CV joint
would have the same problem.  All wheel drive units have three
differentials.

For Christoph, 'CV' joint means "Constant Velocity Joint".

== John ==