POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How to make shiny white : Re: How to make shiny white Server Time
5 Sep 2024 02:14:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to make shiny white
From: Ace
Date: 19 Dec 2001 10:30:04
Message: <3c20b27c@news.povray.org>
Hershel Robinson <her### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> I have succeeded in making shiny spheres but I am failing to make one of
> them white.  When I make one white, it is not shiny.
>
> I am using white light, but when I change the color of the light, then the
> color of the sphere changes (naturally).
>
> I have shiny white plastic in my house so I know it exists in 'real life'
> and I assume POV-Ray can also do this.
>
> Below is my code which does not work.  Any assistance is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Hershel

Is this what you mean by shiny?

Gary

#include "colors.inc"

#declare Width=6;
#declare LightX=27;
#declare LightZ=-30;

#declare SphiraCamera =
   camera { location <0,0,-9>
            look_at <0,2,0>
}

camera {SphiraCamera}

sky_sphere {
      pigment{ color Black } file://rgb <1,.1,.1>}
}

// main light
/*light_source {
    <LightX, 30, LightZ>