POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Command line vs. INI : Re: Command line vs. INI (and how to do it) Server Time
5 Sep 2024 02:17:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Command line vs. INI (and how to do it)
From: bob h
Date: 19 Dec 2001 06:47:54
Message: <3c207e6a@news.povray.org>
Terribly sorry, good thing I reread my reply to you.  I left out how you
need to go about it.  The v3.5 beta script would need a

 //cmd: +w320 +h240 +oFilename   (plus whatever else)

added to that first then right-clicking onto it you Copy to command line.
You can't get into it any other way AFAIK.
Hope that finishes my answer.
--
text{ttf"timrom""bob h"0,0pigment{rgb 7}translate 7*z}

"bob h" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote in message
> "Ari-Matti Leppanen" <ari### [at] tutfi> wrote in message
> >
> > If I'm in the middle of a long trace. The output file is specified in
the
> > command line (+fp16 +otest.raw) and now I'd like to queue the next trace
> as
> > an INI containing new trace options like image height, width and I/O
> options
> > input name and output name. Do the INI file settings override the
command
> > line? It won't be nice to find out that the previous got written over..
>

> Command line always takes precedence over INI.  If you are using the beta
of
> v3.5 you can add the new command line in during the current render and it
> will (should) be used upon rendering the next scene file added to your
Queue
> (don't need to specify that on command line, just use Render|Queue or Alt
Q.