POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Known Bugs 17 Dec 2001 : Re: Known Bugs 17 Dec 2001 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:24:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Known Bugs 17 Dec 2001
From: Rune
Date: 18 Dec 2001 13:33:41
Message: <3c1f8c05@news.povray.org>
"Warp" wrote:
>   By the way, I have the feeling, that this is may
> be a "bug" not worth fixing.

You know, in an earlier version of POV-Ray (maybe 3.0?) the problem existed
for reflections too. That was fixed, but for some reason it wasn't fixed for
the highlights.

And for a simple demonstration, try to look a this sunrise-like image:

light_source {<0,-10,100>, color 1}
plane {
   y, -1
   pigment {color <0.5,0.5,1.0>}
   normal {bumps 1}
   finish {phong 1}
}

The highlights are visible even though the light_source is *below* the
horizon! I certanly don't call that a small problem.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Nov 5)