POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Autumn tree... : Re: Autumn tree... Server Time
16 Aug 2024 22:16:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Autumn tree...
Date: 18 Dec 2001 00:46:22
Message: <3c1ed82e@news.povray.org>
news:3C1E66C7.7655377E@gmx.de...

> > I think the orange leaves give it an Autumn-like appearance.
> >
> > I changed some things, I think now is more realistic. What do you think?
> >

> This already looks quite good, but some randomness in the growth
> directions would probably be good (the single segments look fairly
> straight).
>
> On the other hand the leafs look a bit too random, their orientation
> should have more regularity IMO.

Hi Christoph. As (think) I mentioned before, my algorithm increases the
randomness each time the branches go to a higher level. I agree, maybe
there's a need for more randomness at the beginning (the trunk) and less
randomness at the end (the leaves). I'm getting busy on these days, so I may
not find the time to play with this soon... :/

Thanks for your comments,

Fernando.