POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Is POV-Ray for Pocket-PC possible? : Re: Is POV-Ray for Pocket-PC possible? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:29:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is POV-Ray for Pocket-PC possible?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 17 Dec 2001 12:47:15
Message: <3c1e2fa3@news.povray.org>
In article <3c1e1c33$1@news.povray.org> , "Captain Tylor"
<fis### [at] hrupennedu> wrote:

> I might consider grabbing the Microsoft SDK for Pocket PC and compiling the
> pov-source, but I don't know if it would be a waste of time to try at this
> point.

I think it depends on your target system resources.  You will need at least
four MB free memory to use POV-Ray for aynthing close to interesting (unless
you are satisfied with rendering a few spheres).

Further, you should make sure the system you target has a FPU - as most of
those systems use the ARM processor core this is not very likely...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde