POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The tree has dried : Re: The tree has dried Server Time
16 Aug 2024 22:11:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The tree has dried
Date: 17 Dec 2001 00:14:13
Message: <3c1d7f25$1@news.povray.org>
"Coridon Henshaw" <che### [at] sympaticoca> wrote in message
news:Xns### [at] 204213191226...

> > Yes. The algorithm increases the randomness of the direction of the
> > branches proportionally to the "depth" of the branch. I also think it
> > got a little bit excesive.
>
> Something else I'll suggest is a higher minimum divergence angle for
larger
> branches.  I noticed a few spots in both the dried and fall trees where
> major branches split at very shallow angles.  To me this makes the
branches
> look more a bit too much like pipe manifolds rather than tree limbs.  :-)

Yes, you're right, that might improve the appearance of the bifurcations.
Now I'm experimenting with another thing :-) so I might not have the time to
implement this new ideas. However, this let me realize that modeling trees
is not so easy as I thought. I believed that some basic recursion code would
give a very realistic tree. I learned that's not the case!!!

Thanks for the comments,

Fernando.