POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Cavorite Sphere movable parts, First Men in the Moon "capsule" [~640K mpg] : Retraction: radial pattern within radial pattern is OK Server Time
20 Jul 2024 01:30:07 EDT (-0400)
  Retraction: radial pattern within radial pattern is OK
From: bob h
Date: 11 Dec 2001 18:42:47
Message: <3c1699f7@news.povray.org>
"bob h" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote in message

> Note:  This was rendered with the beta 8 of 3.5 and I had a problem with
the
> radial pattern used for the shutters.

Forget what I said.  I'm certain it was just the geometry of the
pattern-within-pattern kind of thing, I suspected as much.  The translating
and rotating involved had confused me.
Don't want people thinking radial pattern is messed up in the beta version
of POV, it has enough troubles these days without me making things worse
;-)
--
text{ttf"arial","bob h",.1,0pigment{rgb 9}translate<-1,-.2,3>}