POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Windows: Copying text by Drag&Drop : Re: Windows: Copying text by Drag&Drop Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:19:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Windows: Copying text by Drag&Drop
From: bob h
Date: 11 Dec 2001 18:26:35
Message: <3c16962b@news.povray.org>
"Felix Wiemann" <Fel### [at] gmxnet> wrote in message
> POV-Ray 3.5 Beta 8 Windows   Win98SE 128MB
> When holding the Ctrl-Key and moving down a few marked lines of text by
> Drag&Drop, there's a copy of the selected text. But instead the copy the
> lines above are marked.

You say the "lines above" so maybe you're seeing something else happening
from what I see here.  But to clarify, if you go to drag'n'drop a selection
it will copy, or cut, and paste it depending on whether Ctrl key is used or
not.
The selection works as expected if you then press Ctrl C or Ctrl X, but I
think you're talking about the Ctrl plus left button mouse dragging not
taking only the columns of selected text and instead how it gathers
everything the way it does when not using Ctrl.

If it is wrong then it's likely only a CodeMax Editor problem, I'm not sure.
You can see what is possible in the POV-Win Help at section 1.6.4 Mouse.
But I think you are right, that it should drag'n'drop only the area
selected.  It could be the mouse driver or setting I guess, really don't
know.
Suggestion: to work around it just use Ctrl C, click on new position, and
Ctrl V.  You can still use Ctrl dragging to select columns.
--
text{ttf"arial","bob h",.1,0pigment{rgb 9}translate<-1,-.2,3>}