POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Unreal Tournament Characters : Re: Unreal Tournament Characters Server Time
16 Aug 2024 22:18:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unreal Tournament Characters
From: Richard Dault
Date: 10 Dec 2001 14:18:24
Message: <3c150a80$1@news.povray.org>
Woohoo!  I found a better way of doing this.

With my model now in hamapatch, I can help identify which vertex is part of
what body part.  Then in my Pov file where my mesh2 is defined, I just add
transformations on the correct vertices and I can manipulate my model that
way.  This will allow me to apply the correct transformation to the normal
and uv mapping information as well.  This will take a fair amount of time,
but once it's done, I can freely use this model in any scene and without too
much difficulty.

So far, I'm able to move the head and right arm by simply specifying a
rotate vector on the body part I want to move.  I attached a test image
showing this.  The red cylinders are my X-Z axis where the rotation is
occuring.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'stage1.jpg' (27 KB)