POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : ?: real area lights [20.6kb] : Re: real area lights [20.6kb] Server Time
16 Aug 2024 22:20:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: real area lights [20.6kb]
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 10 Dec 2001 10:23:49
Message: <3c14d385$1@news.povray.org>
"marabou" <not### [at] availableyet> wrote in message
> Bill DeWitt wrote:
>

> > "marabou" <not### [at] availableyet> wrote in message
> >> as i know radiosity affects the whole scene. i need a light source (the
> >> white long thing on the right side).

> >     If you put a white object where you want your light source, you can
> >     make
> > radiosity treat it like a light source. You will see illumination from
it.

> you mean if i put ambient light into finish?

    Into the finish of the white object, yes. And with a high value for
white of it is any distance away. People who use it more can probably tell
you more about making it look good.

    Here is what I used for my test before telling you that it would work.

cylinder {
  -3*z,  3*z,  .5

  pigment { rgb 48 }
  finish  { ambient 1 }