POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : GUI DLL Animation question. : GUI DLL Animation question. Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:30:39 EDT (-0400)
  GUI DLL Animation question.
From: Davin
Date: 10 Dec 2001 10:22:56
Message: <3c14d350$1@news.povray.org>
I don't know if anyone here can help me or if I should have posted somewhere
else (Sorry).

I'm trying a GUI dll to use in POV.

In my DLL, after some initialisation, I supply a SecondaryIniFile and
Source_File_Name through the SetVars Call.
I then start the Renderer Going.

The Ini contains Animation options, render Size and Format options, but
POV3.1g appears to just ignore them and renders the first frame of the
animation with the default windows Povray file settings.
I tested it with the latest Beta of 3.5 and it renders the correct frame and
Size from my Secondary INI.

Is there something extra I have to do (or can do) to get the INI to dictate
the settings in 3.1g
(I tried setting the DefaultRenderINIFile instead but then it told me it
couldn't find things because the INI I write doesn't have all the library
Paths my POVRAY.INI does. Adding these to my INI is not really an option as
I'd like anything I write to be useful to everyone. Not just those who put
Library stuff in the default Povray.ini)

Any help will be appreciated.

Davin