POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Fullmoon plugin : Fullmoon plugin Server Time
5 Jul 2024 09:21:26 EDT (-0400)
  Fullmoon plugin
From: Stephen
Date: 9 Dec 2001 12:53:54
Message: <3c13a532@news.povray.org>
I have started to write a pluging for Moray with the Fullmoon scripting
plugin, but I'm having some difficulties.

First some background.
I'm useing Moray3.3a, Pov 3.5b8 icl and vc, Megapov0.7,and Pov3.1g but not
with isosurface of cource.
I have already emailed Andre de Leiradella about some questions on his
Fullmoon plugin.

I have posted some pictures in moray.binaries, that go with some of what i'm
talking about.
Part of my code output from Moray is:

// Pov_code002
#include "functions.inc"

// Isosurface001
#declare foo__ = function { 0 }
isosurface {
   function {
      sqrt(x^2 + y^2 + z^2) - 1.4*f_noise3d(x,y,z)
   }
   contained_by {box{-1,1} }
   threshold 0
   accuracy 0.01

material { Material1 }
scale <1,1,1>
rotate <0,0,0>
translate <0,0,0>
}

I know I can #include from elsewere in Moray, I only put that there for
something to output. How do I make sure that an object(Pov_code) is placed
at the top of a generated pov file? Sometimes when I create an object it
appears at the bottom of the code.
Can someone suggest a default function I can use when the isosurface object
is created? This is the first time i've started to look into the docs on
them and there's alot to read :-)
So far i've only coded down to accuracy for the isosurface output code, the
rest will follow as I have time.

About the pictures in moray.binaries.
The Pov_code object just passes on anything I put in the textbox, there is
no syntax error checking.
The Isosurface object picture is the rendered picture, not a preview. Only a
wireframe of the contained_by box is show, even in OpenGL only wireframe.
Fullmoon does not support solid drawing. At the moment the wireframe box is
hard coded as box{-1,1}.

Comments or suggestions welcome.

Stephen

--
My perception of reality may differ from yours.