POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Particle Algorithms : Re: Particle Algorithms Server Time
20 Jul 2024 01:17:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Particle Algorithms
From: Rune
Date: 8 Dec 2001 18:05:22
Message: <3c129cb2@news.povray.org>
"Tim Nikias" wrote:
> If you have the direction the particle is heading,
> why don't you do a "axis-check"?

> On the other hand, that might become pretty
> parsing-intensive...

Yes, and even so, it's not very precise. That's why I don't like it.

And in most of the simulations I do, it won't make a difference anyway.
Remember that solid objects is just one out of many uses. For liquids, fire,
smoke, sparks etc. it doesn't matter at all.

> By the way: I've just downloaded the POV-Ray 3.5 Beta 8 and
> am making myself comfortable with it. Perhaps we'd see some
> "neat awesome-action-packed-particle-animation" of *my taste*
> soon...

Haha, I'll look forward to that. :)

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Nov 5)