POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Particle Algorithms : Re: Particle Algorithms Server Time
20 Jul 2024 01:22:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Particle Algorithms
From: JRG
Date: 8 Dec 2001 18:01:41
Message: <3c129bd5$1@news.povray.org>
In my animations I use the centre of the particles and its radii to
calculate collisions along its velocity vector.
To avoid the problem you're showing here, I would use four more trace()s
along the same direction but starting from the frontier of the particles
rather than from the centre. You have to cover its envelope along its
velocity direction. I will try this and post the results as soon as I have
some time (I haven't raytraced for four days :-(

--
Jonathan.