POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Particle Algorithms : Re: Particle Algorithms Server Time
20 Jul 2024 01:25:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Particle Algorithms
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 8 Dec 2001 15:42:41
Message: <3c127b41@news.povray.org>
Rune schrieb in Nachricht <3c1273ec@news.povray.org>...

>My particle system does indeed only do collision detection using the center
>point of the particle as reference. I don't think there's much I can do
>about that unfortunately...

Couldn't you allow user defined collision detection macros, as you allow
afaik user defined objects? Most of the time a particle is short enough to
test just the centre IMO, but if one wants to use bigger "things", one
should also know where are the best places to test for intersections.

Just my 2 Pfennige,

Marc-Hendrik